Since a lot of people seem to be confused, here’s how to salvage items:
Open your inventory. Look at the down left corner of the window. Press the salvage button and left click on the item you want to salvage. Here’s a screenshot to show you exactly where it is:
Of the top of my head here are a few things to help you have a better experience with Blade & Soul if you’re just starting and maybe save you some money and time:
1. Do not waste your repair tools carelessly. They’re a lot more valuable than you initially think. Only use them when your weapon is damaged / broken.
2. Do not waste your keys and charms on weapons you don’t need (the only weapons you need are the Breakthrough weapons, use keys to find them from chests that drop them, use a charm to unseal your class specific weapon)
3. Do not sell the weapons and accessories you find, they can be used as upgrade material so keep them for when the time comes. You DO NOT need to unseal weapons / accessories to use them as upgrade materials. If you run out of space at least salvage them.
4. Your weapon does not matter for arena PvP . Whether you use your training weapon or the best weapon in the game you deal the same damage.
5. Consequently, even broken weapons do the same damage so keep a weapon specifically for arena PvP use. Let it break. Never repair it again.
6. Your weapon only loses durability when you get hard CC’d (for example knocked down or stunned) or when you are defeated and enter falled down state (EACH time you fall down, meaning if you fall down, recover chi and fall down again you lose durability again). If I remember correctly, you lose 2 durability for getting hard CC’d and 5 durability for getting defeated.
7. Salvage soul shields you find from random mobs, they drop transmutation materials. The higher the soul shield’s level the more chance it has to drop this material.
8. In boss fights, if you’re playing Blade Master or Kung-Fu Master, you can block any attack with a yellow indicator. Attacks with red indicator are unblockable, just gtfo or use i-frames to not get damaged.
9. The game’s fullscreen is not actually fullscreen, it’s borderless window fullscreen. Press Alt+Enter at EXACTLY the same time to enter true fullscreen (do not hold Alt then press Enter). It might take a few tries until you make it. This doesn’t result in a big fps difference though, if any at all. Using true full screen also helps if you’re using dual monitor so that the mouse doesn’t escape to your 2nd monitor.
10. The game’s engine (UE3) makes it so left and right mouse buttons sometimes do not register all the attacks if you spam them. If you really want to make sure all your attacks are registered, you can use R.
11. If you have a mouse that has side buttons, you can use them in Blade & Soul by rebinding them on keyboard keys (for example “1” or “Tab”). The game does not recognize MB4 and MB5 so that’s the only workaround. If you’re using a Razer mouse you can make a profile for Blade & Soul on Razer Synapse and rebind them as you wish.
12. You can use RED upgrade gems at any level because they give the same flat experience, however you should keep GREEN upgrade gems for use later in the game to get the full value out of them, maybe combine them with upgrade tickets too (the ones that make sure you get the full upgrade exp etc.).
13. When crafting, you can log out safely without your orders getting cancelled. For example, place orders that take hours to complete before you go to sleep, they will be ready when you wake up.
There are 2 ways to make money:
1. Sell items on the marketplace.
you can make the most money by selling transformation stones crafted by the Soul Wardens faction (in beta Moonwater stones were being sold for at least 6 gold each) and selling crafting / crafted materials in general (Note: do not sell ores you find on the map, these are damn rare, keep them for yourself to use for crafting).
2. Do the PvP dailies, end game area dailies.
you start getting the PvP dailies at around level 30 if I remember correctly, these give you around 50 silver (it might be a bit less don’t remember for sure) if you complete them all, and the end game area dailies (mainly the Misty Forest area) can give you over 1 bns gold (don’t remember exactly how much either) depending on how many you complete.